Thursday, March 15, 2012

Am I Ready??!!

I am scheduled to begin my practicum April 26th. This is when, after two years of study, I will actually begin to work with clients.

Trying to find a site to complete my practicum and internship has been a little stressful and for a while I thought that I would have to push my start date back because every place seemed to already have all their interns set up for summer. This would have meant leaving the school group I have been with for two years and starting with a new group in Murray. This idea, to say the least, did not appeal to me! But I am happy to say that yesterday I was accepted to a site in Orem starting the end of April.

Two years is a long time but it still seems like this part of my education is coming up VERY fast. I am nervous and excited all at the same time! It will be difficult because I will continue to work my full time job but add an additional 10 hours a week for my practicum and 20 hours a week for my internships. This will last for another year. (Luckily I have great bosses and an amazing family who are all very supportive)

That part is stressful but the part about actually working with clients...well let's just say that is just a little intimidating!

I guess it is really true....when you start a hard thing it feels like it will last forever and then before you know it you are there : )

No comments: