Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stress!!


Okay so normally I don't stress about things! I really don't believe in it. My view is probably a little on the extreme side and maybe I take it a bit too far. There are probably times that a little stress can be good. But I just figure that whatever is going to happen is going to happen, things usually work out in the end and stress only makes things worse.

BUT....

recently there have been a couple of days that I was feeling some stress. My girls can attest to this because it was not pretty. The most annoying part was that I wasn't completely sure what my problem was and why I was having such a hard time. Maybe because it was an unconscious thing I couldn't consciously tell myself not to stress about it:) Well this weekend after a semi-meltdown I seemed to have figured out my problem or
problem(s).

1)I am turning 45! Usually birthdays are my favorite! My age rarely bothers me, I don't feel my age and sometimes people tell me I don't look it so I have never really worried about it. I figured that I would grow old gracefully someday when the time came. Well this year it was feeling like the time has come! Yikes!

LUCKILY...

I love to watch series on Netflix and Sarah got me hooked on a new one called "Brothers & Sisters" so I was watching it and Nora, who is the mother on the show and played by Sally Field, turned 60 and she is still super cute and very young looking. I know it is just a tv show but for some reason it really helped! I guess there is life after 45;)

2) I thought I had my internship all lined up and felt really good about it and then got a call from the top spot that I would want to intern at (my passion would be working with and helping women and this place is exactly where I could get that experience). I know you would think this is a good thing but this whole internship thing is a little overwhelming as I have mentioned before and it felt really good to have it all taken care of. This phone call changed all that. After a little bit of stress (okay alot) I am happy to say I have an interview with them on Friday! We will see how I feel about it when I go. I am just praying that I will know what I need to do then so that no more stress will be involved in this process.

Anyway that is my rant :) It's my birthday, I am going to Hunger Games tonight and it is beautiful outside so I have a feeling this will be a GREAT day!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: